From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data Import via Sqoop from Postgresql to HDFS
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:50:06 GMT
Hi Fatih,
the --schema extra parameter was added in 1.4.3 via SQOOP-601. It's however extra parameter
and not a normal Sqoop parameter. As a result it needs to be specified in the extra argument
section of the command line. For example:

  sqoop list-tables --connect ... -- --schema private_schema

Please do notice the extra "--" between normal sqoop arguments and extra arguments.

You might be interested in taking a look into Apache Sqoop Cookbook [1] where all different
types of parameters are further described.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029519.do