From Sudhir N <sudhir_nima...@yahoo.com>
Subject New to hadoop - which version to start with ?
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 05:25:16 GMT

I am new to hadoop, just started reading 'hadoop the definitive guide'.
I downloaded hadoop 1.1.2 and tried to run a sample Map reduce job using cygwin, but I got
following error

java.io.IOException: Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-Sudhir\mapred\staging\Sudhir-1267269654\.staging
to 0700
 I read that some specific version has this error.

Can some one suggest me which version should I start with (and supports MapReduce 1 runtime
(Classic))

Thanks
Sudhir