From Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiw...@live.com>
Subject RE: size of input files
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 18:38:00 GMT
Do the counters provide the input file size ? I mean is bytes read equal to input file size
? Is there any log where I could find input file size submitted to each job. I believed that
bytes read from fs is different from the input file size to the job.

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

From: rahul.rec.dgp@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 23:26:08 +0530
Subject: Re: size of input files
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Counters can help. Input to mr is a directory. The counters can point to the number of bytes
read from that fs directory.

Rahul

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiwari@live.com> wrote:

Hi Friends,
Is there a way to find out what was the size of the input file to each of the jobs from the
logs or any other place for all jobs submitted ?

Please help

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!