From Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bugcy...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg:HDFS Decommission Design Document.
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:13:29 GMT
Hi Guys,

Where I find Decommission document. I need to know how decommission will
really works. Where I can find decommission logs.

How to understand decommission process:

I am planning to remove one of my Datanode in my cluster. I have already
Data available two other nodes. without data loss removing nodes.

% How to actual data moving or transferring other nodes.?
% When I start decommission the decommission initiated node send blocks to
other machine
% All the Blocks info will available in Namenode. NN will so replication
steps

Also I am facing issue very low speed Decommissioning will happening.

for example I have data in 2TB it's take more than 50 hrs. It's quite
unnormal. I believe  I configured
dfs.datanode.balance.bandwidthPerSec=1073741824 [1GB bytes per second]

How to debug, Please guide guys.

-Dhanasekaran