From blah blah <tmp5...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yarn HDFS and Yarn Exceptions when processing "larger" datasets.
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:35:55 GMT
Hi

Sorry to reply so late. I don't have the data you requested (sorry I have
no time, my deadline is within 3 days). However I have observed that this
issue occurs not only for the "larger" datasets (6.8MB), but for all
datasets and all jobs in general. However for smaller datasets (1MB) the AM
does not throw the Exception, only containers throw exceptions (same as in
previous e-mail). When these exception are throws my code (AM and
containers) does not perform any operations on HDFS, they only perform
in-memory computation and communication. Also I have observed that these
exception occur at "random", I couldn't observe any pattern. I can execute
job successfully, then resubmit the job repeating the experiment and these
exceptions occur (no change was made to src code, input dataset,or
execution/input parameters).

As for the high network usage, as I said I don't have the data. But YARN is
running on nodes which are exclusive for my experiments no other software
runs on these nodes (only OS and YARN). Besides I don't think that 20
containers working on 1MB dataset (total) can be called high network usage.

regards
tmp