From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MR2 submit job help
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 19:21:20 GMT
Shashidhar,

You ran the put command with 'fs'
bin/hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample3.txt

Have you tried the ls command with fs too? I see you are using 'hdfs'. Try
with 'fs'.

Plus, the warning can be ignored. You would most probably need to build the
code with your native libs but I think it is not needed at this point.

Regards,
Shahab

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Shashidhar Rao
<raoshashidhar123@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Rahul, worked a bit but not fully
>
> Now when I run
> bin/hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample3.txt
>
> The warning still comes
> 13/06/01 22:43:31 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
>
> But, `sample.txt': No such file or directory error which came earlier do
> not came.
>
> Now when I run ,bin/hadoop hdfs -ls
>
> Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs
>
> I have exported the export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=${HADOOP_HOME} where
> HADOOP_HOME is the root dir and  in this dir I have all the hdfs*.jars and
> also the bin dir is inside HADOOP_HOME .
>
> Anything i have to export?
>
> Thanks
> shashidhar
>

> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
> rahul.rec.dgp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thats a warn
>>
>> You might not have the users dir in hdfs.
>>
>>  try
>>

>> hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample.txt
>>
>> Rahul
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Shashidhar Rao <
>> raoshashidhar123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After building MR2 , I am able to start all the daemons
>>> 27873 Jps
>>> 27096 NameNode
>>> 27169 DataNode
>>> 27326 NodeManager
>>> 27398 JobHistoryServer
>>> 13329
>>> 27257 ResourceManager
>>> 27043 Bootstrap
>>>
>>> but when I run bin/hadoop fs -put sample.txt sample.txt
>>> I get the error
>>> 13/06/01 22:05:48 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load
>>> native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where
>>> applicable
>>> put: `sample.txt': No such file or directory
>>>
>>> Native-hadoop library is not loaded
>>>
>>> what I need to do?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> shashidhar