From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: Management API
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 15:40:49 GMT
What resources are you trying to access?
Do you want to monitor the system status?
Do you want to read/write HDFS as a client?
Do you want to run your application on the Hadoop cluster?
John

From: Brian Mason [mailto:brian@gabey.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:52 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Management API

I am looking for a way to access a list of Nodes, Compute, Data etc ..  My application is
not running on the name node.  It is remote.  The 2.0 Yarn API look like they may be useful,
but I am not on 2.0 and cannot move to 2,0 anytime soon.

DFSClient.java looks useful, but its not in the API docs so I am not sure how to use it or
even if I should.
Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,