From "Brian C. Huffman" <bhuff...@etinternational.com>
Subject Re: YARN Container's App ID
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:14:16 GMT
Hitesh,

Is this only in trunk?  I'm currently running 2.0.3-alpha and I don't
see it there.  I also don't see it in the latest 2.0.5.

Thanks,
Brian

On 06/11/2013 02:54 PM, Hitesh Shah wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.ApplicationConstants.Environment should have a list of all
the information set in the environment.

> One of these is the container ID. ApplicationAttemptID can be obtained from a container
ID object which in turn can be used to get the App Id.

> -- Hitesh
>
> On Jun 11, 2013, at 11:47 AM, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
>
>> How can a YARN container get its own Application ID?
>>
>> I tried getting the ApplicationConstants.AM_APP_ATTEMPT_ID_ENV similar to how the
Distributed Shell example does for the AppMaster, but that variable doesn't seem to exist
in the environment for the container.  Does the App Master have to set it?