From MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI <marc...@buscapecompany.com>
Subject Re: Management API
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:49:28 GMT
Brian,

If you have access to the web UI, you can get those metrics in JSON from the JMXJsonServlet.
Try hitting http://namenode_hostname:50070/jmx?qry=Hadoop:* and http://jobtracker_v1_hostname:50030/jmx?qry=hadoop:*

It isn't as extensive as other options, but if you just need a snapshot of node capacity and
utilization, it's pretty handy. I used it to plug some basic warnings into Nagios.

Regards,
Marcos