From Nirmal Kumar <nirmal_h...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to run MIA Kmean Code.
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:14:29 GMT
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11479600/how-do-i-build-run-this-simple-mahout-program-without-getting-exceptions

________________________________
 From: Apurv Khare <Apurv.Khare@lntinfotech.com>
To: "mahout-user@apache.org" <mahout-user@apache.org>; "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>

Sent: Sunday, 9 June 2013, 17:26
Subject: How to run MIA Kmean Code.

Hi all,

I was trying to run the example from Mahout in action Chapter 7(k-Mean Clustering).Can somebody
guide me how to run that example in a Hadoop Cluster(single Node CDH-4.2.1) with Mahout(0.7)

These are the steps i followed:
1.     Copied the code( from Github)into my Eclipse IDE, on my local machine.
2.     Incuded these jars into my Eclipse project.
           hadoop-common-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar, hadoop-hdfs-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar, hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar,
mahout-core-0.7-cdh4.3.0.jar
         mahout-core-0.7-cdh4.3.0-job.jar, mahout-math-0.7-cdh4.3.0.jar
3.     Made a Jar of this project and copied that jar onto my Hadoop Cluster
4.     Executed this command
        user@INFPH01463U:~$ hadoop jar /home/user/apurv/Kmean.jar tryout.SimpleKMeansClustering
   which gave me following Error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: FileSystem
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: FileSystem
        ... 5 more

Can anyone let me know how to add proper jars IN CDH4, I think I’m facing issues with jars.
If not please can anyone let me know what I missed in this.

Thanks & Regards,
Apurv Khare

 The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged
information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking
action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information,
and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept
responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus
or disabling code in this e-mail"