From "Ramya S" <ram...@suntecgroup.com>
Subject RE: Issue with running my first hadoop program using eclipse
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 11:02:01 GMT
Hi,

So it is not due to the problem of  map/reduce plugin, rt?
Then it will be due to error in configuring map/reduce plugin na?
So can you explain it with necessary steps?

________________________________

From: Geelong Yao [mailto:geelongyao@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 5/10/2013 4:27 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue with running my first hadoop program using eclipse

I think the main problem maybe the permission of your tmp directory.

2013/5/10 Ramya S <ramyas@suntecgroup.com>

	Hi,
	I am new to hadoop,so please help me to tackle the following issue.

	I have Installed Apache Hadoop Pseudo Distributed Mode on a Single Node with hadoop-1.0.4.It
<http://hadoop-1.0.4.it/>  works fine and i tried some examples of wordcount on putty
too. But getting into eclipse IDE on windows i was struck up with the first program. I have
already installed jdk6 and mapreduce plugin version1.0.4 also. When trying to run on hadoop
error occurs as follows:-

	*
		WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using
builtin-java classes where applicable
	*
		ERROR security.UserGroupInformation:

	PriviledgedActionException as:ramyas cause:java.io.IOException: Failed to set permissions
of path: \tmp\hadoop-ramyas\mapred\staging\ramyas-1375395355\.staging to 0700

	*
	java.io.IOException
	: Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-ramyas\mapred\staging\ramyas-1375395355\.staging
to 0700
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.checkReturnValue(
	FileUtil.java:689)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.setPermission(
	FileUtil.java:662)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.setPermission(
	RawLocalFileSystem.java:509)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.mkdirs(
	RawLocalFileSystem.java:344)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.mkdirs(
	FilterFileSystem.java:189)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(
	JobSubmissionFiles.java:116)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(
	JobClient.java:856)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(
	JobClient.java:850)
	*
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(
	Native Method)
	*
	at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Unknown Source)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(
	UserGroupInformation.java:1121)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(
	JobClient.java:850)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(
	JobClient.java:824)
	*
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(
	JobClient.java:1261)
	*
	at WordCount.main(
	WordCount.java:29)
	*	Also I want to know about configuring map/reduce plugin in eclipse.

	Thanks and Regards

	Ramya.S

--
From Good To Great