From "Job Thomas" <j...@suntecgroup.com>
Subject RE:
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 12:33:53 GMT

Hi brother ,

May I know where Should I set the property  set mapred.job.queue.name <https://webmail.suntecsbs.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://mapred.job.queue.name>
=<queue-name>;

In hive client or Hive server ( here thrift server is up) or in hadoop ?

Best Regards,
Job M Thomas

________________________________

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 5/30/2013 5:40 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re:

set mapred.job.queue.name <http://mapred.job.queue.name/> =<queue-name>;

above property will set the queue for that particular hive session. This property needs to
be set by all users using.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Job Thomas <jobt@suntecgroup.com> wrote:

	Hi All,
	I amin a team developing hadoop with hive.
	we are using fair schedeuler.
	but all hive jobs are going to same pool whose name is same as username of where hive server
installed.

	this is all about,

	my hive server is in user named 'hadoop'.
	my hive client program in user named 'abc'.
	but all jobs in hadoop are in the pool named 'hadoop'. (user name of hive server location)

	Becouse of this  i am not getiing equal resource sharing.

	can we submit job to hive by specify  pool name?

	The same in the case if i used capacity scheduler.. All jobs from hive client are going to
the 'dfault' queue.

	Thanks in advance.

	Job M Thomas

--