From Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subraman...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject Re: Hive tmp logs
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 19:23:37 GMT
<property>
  <name>hive.querylog.location</name>
  <value>/path/to/hivetmp/dir/on/local/linux/disk</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.exec.scratchdir</name>
  <value> /data01/workspace/hive scratch/dir/on/local/linux/disk</value>
</property>

From: Anurag Tangri <tangri.anurag@gmail.com<mailto:tangri.anurag@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:56 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Cc: Hive <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>, User <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Hive tmp logs

Hi,
You can add Hive query log property in your hive site xml and point to the directory you want.

Thanks,
Anurag Tangri

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2013, at 11:53 AM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com<mailto:hadoopraj@yahoo.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

My hive job logs are being written to /tmp/hadoop directory. I want to change it to a different
location i.e. a sub directory somehere under the 'hadoop' user home directory.
How do I change it.

Thanks,
Ra

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE