From Dave Cardwell <d...@davecardwell.co.uk>
Subject hiveserver2 Thrift Interface With Perl
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 10:35:31 GMT
I wrote a few reporting scripts in Perl that connected to Hive via the
Thrift interface.

Since we upgraded CDH to 4.2.0 and hiveserver2 was installed (with Hive
0.10.0) the scripts no longer ran due to the API changes.

I regenerated the Perl modules from the .thrift files and have tried to
translate the Java examples I’ve found online, but cannot for the life of
me get it working with the new interface.

The Java examples seem to use a TOpenSessionReq class but I cannot find
this anywhere in the generated Perl modules. If I try to skip that part and
go straight to $client->OpenSession() without an argument, the TCLIService
module itself complains that it cannot create a TOpenSessionResp object
because the class is not loaded.

I have attached example code. Can anyone advise me on how to get past this
block?

--
Best wishes,
Dave Cardwell.