From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop noob question
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 10:54:32 GMT
first of all .. most of the companies do not get 100 PB of data in one go.
Its an accumulating process and most of the companies do have a data
pipeline in place where the data is written to hdfs on a frequency basis
and  then its retained on hdfs for some duration as per needed and from
there its sent to archivers or deleted.

For data management products, you can look at falcon which is open sourced
by inmobi along with hortonworks.

In any case, if you want to write files to hdfs there are few options
available to you
1) Write your dfs client which writes to dfs
2) use hdfs proxy
3) there is webhdfs
4) command line hdfs
5) data collection tools come with support to write to hdfs like flume etc

--
Nitin Pawar