From Rahul Bhattacharjee <rahul.rec....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Viewing snappy compressed files
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 16:52:16 GMT
I haven't tried this with snappy , but you can try using hadoop fs -text
<path>

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Robert Rapplean <
robert.rapplean@trueffect.com> wrote:

>  Hey, there. My Google skills have failed me, and I hope someone here can
> point me in the right direction.****
>
> ** **
>
> We’re storing data on our Hadoop cluster in Snappy compressed format. When we pull
a raw file down and try to read it, however, the Snappy libraries don’t know how to read
the files. They tell me that the stream is missing the snappy identifier. I tried inserting
0xff 0x06 0x00 0x00 0x73 0x4e 0x61 0x50 0x70 0x59 into the beginning of the file, but that
didn’t do it.