From Steve Lewis <lordjoe2...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Hadoop client as a different user
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 19:42:26 GMT
I have been running Hadoop on a clister set to not check permissions. I
would run a java client on my local machine and would run as the local user
on the cluster.

I say
*      String connectString =   "hdfs://" + host + ":" + port + "/";*
*            Configuration config = new Configuration();*
*
*
*            config.set("fs.default.name",connectString);*
*
*
*            FileSystem fs  = FileSystem.get(config);*
*The above code works*
*  *
I am trying to port to a cluster where permissions are checked - I have  an
account but need to set a user and password to avoid Access Exceptions

How do I do this and If I can only access certain directories how do I do
that?

Also are there some directories my code MUST be able to access outside
those for my user only?

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE