From Shashidhar Rao <raoshashidhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Submitting a hadoop job in large clusters.
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 18:24:22 GMT
Hello users,

I am running hadoop in my windows laptop using linux virtual machine.Since
every Hadoop daemon is running in one machine I have no problem running
hadoop jar command and then submittng the job and everything works fine.

But, I think when hadoop is running in multiple nodes submitting a job
would be different. My understanding is that I have to remote connect to
one of the node ex. any datanode not necessary JobTracker and then copy the
job jar to a location, cd to hadoop bin and then fire up the console and
then run the hadoop jar command.

Is this how to submit a hadoop job in a cluster or is there any other way
to submit a job .
Basically, I have never used a cluster so am having this doubt

Advanced thanks