From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to create table in Hbase
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 18:24:30 GMT
I see this in the logs:

   1.
   2013-05-06 01:58:36,289 WARN
   org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.AssignmentManager: Failed assignment of
   -ROOT-,,0.70236052 to localhost,37368,1367785700204, trying to assign
   elsewhere instead; retry=4
   2. org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed
   setting up proxy interface org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface to
   localhost/127.0.0.1:37368 after attempts=1
   3.         at
   org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.handleConnectionException(HBaseRPC.java:263)
   4.         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.waitForProxy(H...

   What is the entry in your hosts file? Could that be the culprit? I think
   you need to enter the IP in there instead of localhost or the loop back
   address. Also, verify that your zookeeper address is correctly entered
   (zookepper.quorum property) in the hbase-site.xml

   Regards,
   Shahab

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/