From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flume Properties File
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 11:51:35 GMT
Apache Flume is Apache Flume. Cloudera's Flume RPM's are Cloudera Flume RPM's. Simple, but
true.

Cheers
- Alex

On May 25, 2013, at 1:19 AM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I am reading all the stuff on internet on Flume, everything is mostly on CDH distribution.
I am aware that Flume is Cloudera's contribution but I am using a strict Apache version in
my research work. When I was reading all this, I want to make sure from the forum that Apache
flume if had any issues with install etc.,

> So that is the reason why I had to sent it to the dist lists. My intention is not to
get a silver platter. I am not expecting that. Anyways - sorry for inconvenience.

> Thanks,
> Raj

up a solution on a silver platter for you -- all before you even read any documentation on
the subject matter?

> nice job and good luck to you.
>

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Apache Flume 1.3.1 and trying to run a small example to test. Can any
one suggest me how can I do this? I am going through the documentation right now.

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com