From Ivan Mitic <iva...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Using Hadoop core jars on Windows
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 02:03:16 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

Is there a specific version of Hadoop you are interested in? Hadoop 1.0, Hadoop 2.0?

There is not an official Apache release of Hadoop on Windows yet, however, there is an ongoing
effort to get there. Apache branch-1-win and trunk branches already have a decent Windows
support.

If you're interesting in version 1.0, you can enlist in the branch-1-win Apache branch and
build on Hadoop on Windows yourself. SVN repository: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-1-win/

If you are interested in the latest Hadoop, you can enlist in the Hadoop trunk branch and
build from there: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/ Check BUILDING.txt
in the root of the enlistment for instructions on how to build on Windows.

Hope this helps,
Ivan

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Sznajder [mailto:benjams@il.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:04 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Using Hadoop core jars on Windows

Hi,

Recently, I ran Nutch 1.6 on Windows. I encountered a problem with the code related to hadoop
which did not run on windows.

For solving this issue, I had to use a -relatively- old version of Hadoop core jar - hadoop-0.20.2-core.jar

My question is:

- What is the way to use the newest jar of hadoop on Windows (if there is such solution).
I  am just afraid to develop some stuff on Windows with old versions of Hadoop...

Benjamin