From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 14:54:52 GMT
 Hi,

I have a dedicated user on Linux server for hadoop. I am installing it in psedo distributed
mode on this box. I want to test my programs on this machine. But i see that in installation
steps - they were mentioned that SSH needs to be configured. If it is single node, I dont
require it ...right? Please advise.

I was looking at this site
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/

It menionted like this -
"Hadoop requires SSH access to manage its nodes, i.e. remote machines plus your local machine
if you want to use Hadoop on it (which is what we want to do in this short tutorial). For
our single-node setup of Hadoop, we therefore need to configure SSH access to localhost for
the hduser user we created in the previous section.
"

Thanks,
Raj