From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 15:58:10 GMT
So for CDH, while installing - how do i request my Unix admin ? Any tips.

I am requesting a separate user on Linux box. So how do that user ( what kind of privileges
) are required for the new user? and do these new user need to have some kind of temporary
root access. How does this work between a person who is installing Hadoop and the actual unix
admin guy. Please advise.

________________________________
From: Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>
Cc: Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?

if you want to install CDH, then you will need root access as it needs to install RPMs

for apache downloads, its not needed

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am thinking to install both CDH and Apache version. So are you saying if i install CDH -
do i require root privielges?

case you just have to download and unzip it. And you don't need root privilege for that.Or
something else like CDH?I'm sorry, I didn't quite get the question.

>Warm Regards,
>Tariq
>cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

>On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>>
>>I am planning to install Hadoop on Linux in a Pseudo Distributed Mode ( One Machine
).  Do I require 'root' privileges for install ? Please advise.

--
Nitin Pawar