From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 14:55:33 GMT
I am thinking to install both CDH and Apache version. So are you saying if i install CDH -
do i require root privielges?

________________________________
From: Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com>
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?

Hello Raj,

     Install in what sense?Are you planning to use Apache's package?If that is the case
you just have to download and unzip it. And you don't need root privilege for that.Or something
else like CDH?I'm sorry, I didn't quite get the question.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I am planning to install Hadoop on Linux in a Pseudo Distributed Mode ( One Machine ).
Do I require 'root' privileges for install ? Please advise.