From Kevin Burton <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject Re: M/R job to a cluster?
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:22:02 GMT
It is hdfs://devubuntu05:9000. Is this wrong? Devubuntu05 is the name of the host where the
NameNode and JobTracker should be running. It is also the host where I am running the M/R
client code.

On Apr 26, 2013, at 4:06 PM, Rishi Yadav <rishi@infoobjects.com> wrote:

> check core-site.xml and see value of fs.default.name. if it has localhost you are running
locally.

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM, <rkevinburton@charter.net> wrote:
>> I suspect that my MapReduce job is being run locally. I don't have any evidence but
I am not sure how the specifics of my configuration are communicated to the Java code that
I write. Based on the text that I have read online basically I start with code like:

>> JobClient client = new JobClient();
>> JobConf conf - new JobConf(WordCount.class);
>> . . . . .
>>
>> Where do I communicate the configuration information so that the M/R job runs on
the cluster and not locally? Or is the configuration location "magically determined"?