From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: M/R job to a cluster?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 18:15:52 GMT
To validate if your jobs are running locally, look for the classname
"LocalJobRunner" in the runtime output.

Configs are sourced either from the classpath (if a dir or jar on the
classpath has the XMLs at their root, they're read), or via the code
(conf.set("mapred.job.tracker", "foo:349");) or also via -D parameters
if you use Tool.

The tool + classpath way is usually the best thing to do, for flexibility.

--
Harsh J