From Rahul Bhattacharjee <rahul.rec....@gmail.com>
Subject VM reuse!
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:34:47 GMT
Hi,

I have a question related to VM reuse in Hadoop.I now understand the
purpose of VM reuse , but I am wondering how is it useful.

Example. for VM reuse to be effective or kicked in , we need more than one
mapper task to be submitted to a single node (for the same job).Hadoop
would consider spawning mappers into nodes which actually contains the data
, it might rarely happen that multiple mappers are allocated to a single
task tracker. And even if a single task nodes gets to run multiple mappers
then it might as well run in parallel in multiple VM rather than
sequentially in a single VM.

I am sure I am missing some link here , please help me find that.

Thanks,
Rahul