From hari <harib...@gmail.com>
Subject communication path for task assignment in hadoop 2.X
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 06:21:30 GMT
Hi list,

I was looking at the node communication (in hadoop-2.0.3-alpha)
responsible for task assignment. So
far I saw that the resourcemanager and nodemanager
exchange heartbeat request/response.

I have a couple of questions on this:

1. I saw that the heartbeat response to nodemanager does
not include new task assignment. I think in the previous
versions (eg. 0.20.2) the task assignment was piggybacked in the
heartbeat response to the tasktracker. In the v2.0.3, so far
I could only see that the response can trigger nodemanager
shutdown, reboot, app cleanup, and container cleanup. Are there
any other actions being triggered on the nodemanager
by the heartbeat response ?

2. Is there a different communication path for task assignment ?
Is the scheduler making the remote calls or are there other classes outside
of yarn responsible for making the remote calls ?

thanks,
hari.