From Xun TANG <tangxun.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Where's downlink.data file?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 00:38:43 GMT
According to this link
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToDebugMapReducePrograms

I am trying to find out where the downlink.data file is actually stored.
I have set the variable keep.failed.task.files to true in mapred-site.xml,
and hadoop.pipes.command-file.keep to true in the config.xml file that I
pass to the pipes mapreduce task.
Yet, there is no downlink.data file that I can locate either locally or on
hdfs.

I assume from the instructions for debugging that I should run the entire
task in distributed mapreduce mode, collect the input in downlink.data and
then run the mapreduce task with just the downlink.data. I am assuming
'task working directory' refers to where I ran 'hadoop pipes ...'. I've
done a 'locate downlink.data' but nothing found.

Am I making some incorrect assumption here? Or anything else needs to be
set?

I am running Hadoop 1.0.4

Thanks,
Alice