From "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Nikhil.Agar...@netapp.com>
Subject What is required to run hadoop daemons?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 13:53:17 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to ask that suppose I have Hadoop source code and Jonbtracker running on my linux
machine. If I want to start a TaskTracker daemon on another machine then do I need to put
Hadoop source code in that machine or can I start TaskTracker without the source code also?

Also, if my master node (where JobTracker is running) is linux then can I have slave node
as windows machine and start Tasktracker on it without putting Hadoop source code?

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Nikhil