From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Comparison between JobClient/JobConf and Job/Configuration
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 02:08:57 GMT
Actually, if you care about being binary compatible b/w hadoop-1 and hadoop-2, stay with "old"
mapred API.

On Apr 25, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Sandy Ryza wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> JobClient/JobConf is the "old" mapred API and Job/Configuration is the improved "new"
API, so in general the latter is preferred.

> -Sandy
>

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Kevin Burton <rkevinburton@charter.net> wrote:
> I notice that in some beginning texts on starting a Hadoop MapReduce job sometimes JobClient/JobConf
is used and sometimes Job/Configuration is used. I have yet to see anyone comment on the features/benefits
of either set of methods. Could someone comment on their preferred method for starting a MapReduce
job from a Java program?

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.