From MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI <marc...@buscapecompany.com>
Subject Re: HW infrastructure for Hadoop
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:27:26 GMT
Tadas,

"Hadoop Operations" has pretty useful, up-to-date information. The chapter on hardware selection
is available here: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases/hadoop/9781449327279/4dot-planning-a-hadoop-cluster/id2760689

Regards,
Marcos

Em 16-04-2013 07:13, Tadas Makčinskas escreveu:
We are thinking to distribute like 50 node cluster. And trying to figure out what would be
a good HW infrastructure (Disks – I/O‘s, RAM, CPUs, network). I cannot actually come around
any examples that people ran and found it working well and cost effectively.

If anybody could share their best considered infrastructure. Would be a tremendous help not
trying to figure it out on our own.

Regards, Tadas