From "Brian C. Huffman" <bhuff...@etinternational.com>
Subject YARN - specify hosts in ContainerRequest
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:00:43 GMT
All,

I'm starting to work with YARN and I'm trying to make some changes to
the distributedshell example.

Specifically I'm trying to set the host where the distributed shell
container will run.  I added the following code into
ApplicationMaster.java:
     final String[] containerNodes = { "node1" };

     LOG.info("Trying to request node: " + containerNodes[0]);
     ContainerRequest request = new ContainerRequest(capability,
containerNodes, null,
         pri, numContainers);

And while the log output shows this code is being executed ("Trying to
request..."), it doesn't seem to use it.  Is this functionality that
isn't complete yet in the 2.0.3 yarn alpha?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Brian