From "卖报的小行家" <85469...@qq.com>
Subject Re:RE: Hadoop cluster setup - could not see second datanode
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 14:41:02 GMT
Hello,
Can  Namenode and several datanodes exist in one machine?
I only have one PC. I want to configure it like this way.

BRs//Julian

From:  "AMARNATH, Balachandar"<BALACHANDAR.AMARNATH@airbus.com>;
Date:  Tue, Mar 5, 2013 07:55 PM
To:  "user@hadoop.apache.org"<user@hadoop.apache.org>;

Subject:  RE: Hadoop cluster setup - could not see second datanode

I fixed it the below issue J

Regards

Bala

From: AMARNATH, Balachandar [mailto:BALACHANDAR.AMARNATH@airbus.com]
Sent: 05 March 2013 17:05
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Thanks for the information,

Now I am trying to install hadoop dfs using 2 nodes. A namenode cum datanode, and a separate
data node. I use the following configuration for my hdfs-site.xml

<configuration>

  <property>

    <name>fs.default.name</name>

    <value>localhost:9000</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>dfs.data.dir</name>

    <value>/home/bala/data</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>dfs.name.dir</name>

    <value>/home/bala/name</value>

  </property>

</configuration>

In namenode, I have added the datanode hostnames (machine1 and machine2).

When I do ‘start-all.sh’, I see the log that the data node is starting in both the machines
but I went to the browser in the namenode, I see only one live node. (That is the namenode
which is configured as datanode)

Any hint here will help me

With regards

Bala