From Abdelrhman Shettia <ashet...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:07:46 GMT
Hi Sayan ,

May want to try to use the log4j in hadoop and place it with the packages/jars and validate
it matches the one in the cluster or print it to the console .  I came across nice document
that can help you in this case.

http://www.thecloudavenue.com/2012/10/debugging-hadoop-mapreduce-program-in.html

Thanks
-Abdelrhaman

On Mar 7, 2013, at 10:33 AM, Sayan Kole <sayankole@gmail.com> wrote:

>  jobtracker in /hadoop/logs gets updated about the job status and everything with Log.info.
But when I run it through eclipse, the log file of the jobtracker does not get written to.
Is there somewhere in eclipse I have to specify something that I am missing?