From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Jobtracker API
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 01:05:19 GMT
The Java API of JobClient class lets you query all jobs and provides
some task-level info as a public API.

In YARN (2.x onwards), the MRv2's AM publishes a REST API that lets
you query it (the RM lets you get a list of such AMs as well, as a
first step). This sounds more like what you need.

A REST API similar to what was added in YARN for MRv2 was also added
to the 1.x's JobTracker recently via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4837, appearing in
1.2.0 release onwards.

--