From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop not getting compiled
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:19:25 GMT
These two may sorta compose your issue:

"by introducing few external jars and then using their functions like
httpclient, etc."
"The eclipse does not show any error"

How did you include your external jar into the project? Did you follow
the regular ant+ivy route the project uses or were your jars added
just to the eclipse project? You need to add dependencies such that
its resolvable by the ant's build.xml used for branch-1 sources. This
can be done by modifying the ivy.xml and the files under the ivy/
directory as appropriate. For more reading on how to include
dependencies using Ant and Ivy, head to
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/index.html

--
Harsh J