From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: mapred.max.tracker.failures
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 06:02:26 GMT
It is a per-job config which controls the automatic job-level
blacklist: If, for a single job, a specific tracker has failed 4 (or
X) total tasks, then as prevent scheduling anymore of the job's tasks
to that tracker (but we don't eliminate more than 25% of the available
trackers this way, as for a bad logic job causing failures, that'd
make the job simply hang).

--
Harsh J