From "Marcel Mitsuto F. S." <mar...@dizorg.net>
Subject hadoop clients
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:58:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm starting a project to build a 10 node cluster grid.

I've already successfully built a 10 node grid with hadoop 1.0.4.

This next grid would preferrably be the 0.23.X branch, which I think would
be the best version to smoothly transition to 2.0.3 release (right?)

When I was working with the 1.0.4 proof-of-concept, I was scratching my
head about the 'clients' role that submits jobs to the cluster, all the
work then of `hadoop fs -put` I was doing directly from namenode instance.

So the question: How do I setup a grid where clients could send jobs to the
cluster in a queued fashion way, and how to setup the 'clients' to properly
being acknowledged by the grid and being able to send jobs? Am I correct to
think that 'client' could be anyone (my laptop in the network that reaches
namenode) with access to the cluster with hadoop installed locally?

Thanks in advance.