From John Meza <j_meza...@hotmail.com>
Subject copytolocal vs distcp
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 18:07:56 GMT
I need suggestions on best methods of copying  alot of data (~6Tb) from a cluster (20-dn) to
the local file system.
While distcp has much more throughput compared to copytolocal (I think) because it uses MR
jobs,  it doesn't seem to work well with the following syntax   <desturl> =   "file://fs4/outdir/"

Problem: It puts in the home dir for the linux user. To get this to work I need to redefine
the users home dir to the output dir (lun) with lotsa disk space.?
copytolocal is straightforward to use, but lacks the throughput (I think).
Suggestions? Advice?thanksJohn