From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Group names for custom Counters
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:27:11 GMT
Just a suggestion, look at dynamic counters...

For the group, just create a group name and you are done.

Mike Segel

On Mar 22, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Tony Burton <TBurton@SportingIndex.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm using Hadoop 1.0.3 and creating some custom Counters in my Mapper. I've got an enum
that defines the list of counters, and I'm incrementing in the map function using context.getCounter(<counter
name>).increment(1).

> I see that there's another implementation of context.getCounter() that takes arguments
String groupName and String counterName. I think I'd find it useful to be able to group my
Counters - can anyone give me an example of how to collect my Counters in groups?

> Thanks,
>
> Tony

> P Please consider the environment before printing this email or attachments
>

> This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this
email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying
by email and then delete the email completely from your system. Neither Sporting Index nor
the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any
computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use of this email. Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House,
Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP. Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
UK Financial Services Authority (reg. no. 150404) and Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001).
Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued and approved by Sporting Index Ltd.