From Samir Kumar Das Mohapatra <dasmo...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: How to shuffle (Key,Value) pair from mapper to multiple reducer
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:01:27 GMT
Use can use Custom Partitioner for that same.

Regards,
Samir.

From: Vikas Jadhav [mailto:vikascjadhav87@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 March 2013 14:29
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to shuffle (Key,Value) pair from mapper to multiple reducer

Hi
I am specifying requirement again with example.

I have use case where i need to shufffle same (key,value) pair to multiple reducers

For Example  we have pair  (1,"ABC") and two reducers (reducer0 and reducer1) are there then

by default this pair will go to reduce1 (cause  (key % numOfReducer) = (1%2) )

how i should shuffle this pair to both reducer.

Also I willing to change the code of hadoop framework if Necessory.

Thank you
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM, feng lu <amuseme.lu@gmail.com<mailto:amuseme.lu@gmail.com>>
you can use Job#setNumReduceTasks(int tasks) method to set the number of reducer to output.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Vikas Jadhav <vikascjadhav87@gmail.com<mailto:vikascjadhav87@gmail.com>>
As by default Hadoop framework can shuffle (key,value) pair to only one reducer

--

Thanx and Regards
 Vikas Jadhav

--