From Mehmet Belgin <mehmet.bel...@oit.gatech.edu>
Subject Re: Using NFS mounted volume for Hadoop installation/configuration
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:53:17 GMT
It looks like the NFS stability and performance are two main concerns. Since my cluster is
still experimental, I will continue to use NFS for now. In the future, when we have a larger
production cluster, I will consider local configurations.

Thank you all for your replies!

-Mehmet

On Feb 18, 2013, at 1:00 PM, Mehmet Belgin wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Will it be any problem if I put the hadoop executables and configuration on a NFS volume,
which is shared by all masters and slaves? This way the configuration changes will be available
for all nodes, without need for synching any files. While this looks almost like a no-brainer,
I am wondering if there are any pitfalls I need to be aware of.

> On a related question, is there a best practices (do's and don'ts ) document that you
can suggest other than the regular documentation by Apache?