From Dave Shine <Dave.Sh...@channelintelligence.com>
Subject RE: Exit code 126?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:05:32 GMT
We see this quite a bit.  There is a JIRA (I don't remember the number) that addresses this
issue.  It has been applied to the apache distro, but I don't think it is incorporated in
and release of CDH yet.

Dave Shine
Sr. Software Engineer
321.939.5093 direct |  407.314.0122 mobile
CI Boost™ Clients  Outperform Online™  www.ciboost.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari [mailto:jean-marc@spaggiari.org]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 5:01 PM
To: user
Subject: Exit code 126?

Hi,

I ran a very simple rowcount (HBase) MR today, and one of the tasks failed with the status
126. Seems that there is no logs at all on the server side. Any idea what this mean?

Thanks,

JM

java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 126.
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)

The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary
to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized
review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.