From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what will happen when HDFS restarts but with some dead nodes
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:39:49 GMT
following are the configs it looks for . Unless Admin forces it to come out
of safenode, it respects below values

dfs.namenode.safemode.threshold-pct0.999fSpecifies the percentage of blocks
that should satisfy the minimal replication requirement defined by
dfs.namenode.replication.min. Values less than or equal to 0 mean not to
wait for any particular percentage of blocks before exiting safemode.
Values greater than 1 will make safe mode permanent.
dfs.namenode.safemode.min.datanodes0Specifies the number of datanodes that
must be considered alive before the name node exits safemode. Values less
than or equal to 0 mean not to take the number of live datanodes into
account when deciding whether to remain in safe mode during startup. Values
greater than the number of datanodes in the cluster will make safe mode
permanent.dfs.namenode.safemode.extension30000Determines extension of safe
mode in milliseconds after the threshold level is reached.

--
Nitin Pawar