From Mahesh Balija <balijamahesh....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop execution sequence
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:47:27 GMT
As per the Mapreduce behavior, mapper will process all the input file(s) in
parallel. i.e., no order is guaranteed among the input files.
If you want to process each file separately and maintain the order  then
you need to process each file separately (in an independent mapreduce job)
so that your client is responsible for processing individual file in order.

Best,
Mahesh Balija,
Calsoft Labs.