From Mohit Vadhera <project.linux.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NameNode low on available disk space
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 03:43:50 GMT
Ok Steve. I am forwarding my issue again to the list that you said. The
version is

Hi,

Namenode switches into safemode when it has low disk space on the root fs /
i have to manually run a command to leave it. Below are log messages for
low space on root / fs. Is there any parameter so that i can reduce
reserved amount.Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.1.2

2013-01-21 01:22:52,217 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeResourceChecker: Space
available on volume '/dev/mapper/vg_lv_root' is 10653696, which is below
the configured reserved amount 104857600
2013-01-21 01:22:52,218 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: NameNode low on
available disk space. Entering safe mode.
2013-01-21 01:22:52,218 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange: STATE*
Safe mode is ON.