From Jianhui Zhang <jhzhang.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I switch the IP/host of NN without losing the filesystem?
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 07:41:06 GMT
Hadoop version: hadoop-0.20.205.0

My NN machine has 2 IP addresses and 2 hostnames assigned to them
respectively. I have configured "fs.default.name" using one of the
hostnames and used the cluster for a while.

Now, I may have to move the "fs.default.name" to the other IP/hostname of
the same machine. If no other configurations change (such as the
directories), can I simply change "fs.default.name" to the new hostname,
restart the NN and expect the same filesystem is intact?

Thanks,
James