From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: ISSUE with Hadoop JobTracker Web UI under CDH4
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:12:53 GMT
Also, pls stop the cc. Tx.

On Jan 23, 2013, at 9:06 AM, Harsh J wrote:

> Again, moving to cdh-user@cloudera.org. Please use the https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/cdh-user
forum for CDH-specific issues as this list is for help with Apache Hadoop versions/releases.
My response below:

> There is nothing that prevents the JT UI from working in CDH4 as compared to CDH3. In
fact, much of the code is still the same. From your previous post and this one, I'm thinking
your likely fault is that your new configs are running your jobs via the LocalJobRunner which
runs the job locally/off-cluster instead of on the JT. Fixing your mapred-site.xml with a
proper mapred.job.tracker value will address this. Local jobs obviously won't be visible on
the JT UI as it would not be aware of those.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.