From "Henjarappa, Savitha" <savitha.henjara...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Cluster
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:25:28 GMT
Thank you so much for your quick response.

From: Mohammad Tariq [mailto:dontariq@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:51 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org; Bejoy Ks
Subject: Re: Hadoop Cluster

The most significant difference between the two, as per my view, is that HA eliminates the
problem of 'NN as the single point of failure'. For a detailed info I would suggest you to
visit the official web site. You might also find this link<http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2011/02/hadoop-availability/>
useful which talk about HA in great detail.

For your second question you can follow Bejoy sir's answer.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com<http://cloudfront.blogspot.com>